Sunday, April 06, 2008

pulsar 200

Hi all, I am riding a p 200 for the last 6 mths. I took this bike after i tried out the 150 and the 180 particularly for its smooth and effortless power it delivered during the begining. I feel that the bikeis worth as i have run it in properly and the oil i change it within 1.5K kilometres, i used to do this in all my pervious bike namely suzuki max 100 and suzuki heat. Regarding the LCD in the speedo in case the bike fails in gear during driving due to a sudden clutch release the backlit display doesnt come on, however all you have to do is turn off the key and turn it on resetting the ECU for the light to come on. I feel that any bike has to be run in properly and only such bikes have the consistency to provide data. I also read some amateurs commenting how the bike got damaged etc. IT is no measure of the bike s quality as the accident depends on at what angle the fall took place and at what force and speed. I am a staunch beliver that all jap bikes are good as they have some quality standards having worked in some of the jap companies and heard reviews from theri employees, however i also feel that the cost of the spares goes up trmendously as you have to pay off the japs, guys understand this they have to have their cut, so if you require a bore piston kit it is going to cost as the case of Honda unicorn and her honda splendour is, so so ford ikon. However i appreciate bajaj as they have a dedicated RD and they are putting it to use utilizing the ideas of R&D unlike many indian companies. GUys beleive me many companies have R& D in india however they are just name sake for the purpose of some tax evasion. However thanks tot he young blood in Rajiv bajaj he has implmented the oil cooler, i noticed its effect during my 7 hr drive to kolar and back and to coorg and back. as i drive the first three hours or so at 70 to 75 kms the oil heats up after a point the oil doesnt heat up and remains constant how much ever you drive of course the bike performed superbly even after 6.5 hrs continuos, On sunday i am going to mysore probably a 8 hrs drive , that is the confidence i have in my bike, so much for the reviews regarding reliability issues, they occur in any bike. I had an accident recently when i made a u turn a hero honda spl guy came and hit me , he lost his control and skidded for atleast 4 ft and fell with lot of blood , the worst part being hisbike , it got badly damaged, my bike was just nicked in the fork however i got the fork tubes changed even as the company guys advised me against, One fork outer tube cost me just 450 bucks. thanks happy riding

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home