Thursday, April 19, 2007

BLOODY Unicorn

Here is a genuine complaint from me about the BLOODY Unicorn
18-04-07
I sent a complaint last month about my bike. Someone from your side made a call and enquired about the case and said the area in-charge will talk to me. That’s all. No one call me again. Of course, the dealer in Chennai (DIDAR Motors) rang me up to show that ‘they care’. When I told them the bike was with KUN Honda, they said they would talk to KUN people and would inform me about what can be done. They too never bothered to give me a feedback. After fifth time KUN Honda are not able to rectify the problem and I am ashamed to go back to them once more. You people are cheating me. Rather than the troubles I have with my bike, the feeling of being cheated troubles me much. I think we can still sort out the issue in two ways.
1. You rectify the problems of the bike
Or
2. Take back the bike and give me a new bike.
(If you are not gentlemen and ask me to pay the difference amount, I would, after all it is my health being affected)
Copy of the original complaint
After riding a Bajaj KB 100 for long 13 years, I decided to buy a new bike. After enquiring with my friends and relatives, I decided to by a Unicorn. Before finalizing that Unicorn was my next bike, I got a chance of using one of my relatives’ Unicorn when he had met with a road accident and was taking bed rest. The first thing that fascinated me about the bike was its dynamics and then its ride comfort (suspension).
I purchased the bike bearing Chassis number: ********** and Engine number: ******* from DIDAR Motors, Chennai, Tamilnadu. But after owning a brand new Unicorn for over 7 months (3 free services has been done), I regret buying a Unicorn. My bike has been giving me troubles right from the second day. From the day I took delivery of the new bike, I am not at all satisfied with the suspension. Even the triple clamp was not fitted properly. I got it corrected at the Dealer’s pre-delivery inspection section, the very next day. After the first free service I switched to another Dealer cum Service (KUN Honda). Even these people failed to rectify the fault. At least they were smart enough to hide the core defect of the bike.
After I approached the second dealer-cum service centre, they kept repairing and adjusting the suspensions. For the same complaint, I approached them 4 times. Till date, both the front and the rear suspensions are hard. To hide the fault, they adjusted the rear shock absorber to maximum soft. With this setting the suspension is supposed to be very soft. But still it acts hard and in the last 7 months; I have developed Spondilosis (with minor wear of the bones in my neck).
Being an automobile enthusiast and an Automobile Engineer, I always try to trouble shoot the faults for myself, before going to the so-called experts at the authorized service centers. Right from the beginning I have been telling them that at around 5000 rpm, my bike’s engine sound becomes rough and noisy. They said the problem was with the valve adjustment and it has been rectified. When I test-drove the vehicle after repairs I found the condition still not satisfactory. Since the bike was with them for days and I had difficulties in going to office, I took delivery of the vehicle, after marking UNSATISFIED in the job card. For the last few days, the engine sound has changed a lot and I can understand that the problem is with the crankshaft bearings. Since I am not satisfied with the job done by the authorized service people, I am in a dilemma. I feel Castrol supported BIKE ZONE is far better than going to an authorized service centre. But we are forced to go to authorized service people at least for the warranty offered. As a last resort, I am writing to you.
I can list out the major problems I am facing.
1. Front and rear suspensions are hard. (I feel the front fork springs are a little more stiff and the rear shock absorber is to replaced with a new one)
2. Engine crankshaft / Camshaft bearings are to be replaced.
3. At about 5000 rpm (60kmph and in the 5th gear), the vehicle seems to reach natural frequency and at that speed, vibration and noise of the vehicle is at its peak. The vibration and noise dies out at about 5500 to 6000 rpm. (I don’t know what the problem is and what to do about it)
As the makers of the bike, I hope, you would be able to rectify the troubles. Expecting a reply at the earliest,
One your unhappy Customers,
RAJESH.M
CC to :

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home