Saturday, October 21, 2006

Whats next!!! ORGASM

The looks of a motorcycle should ignite a spark of desire at the first look, Then only I consider atleast a test ride.
I remember the time when the original CBZ was launched in 1999. I was a schoolboy then, who had just learnt to ride on his dad’s ‘87 Hero Honda CD100. I used to worship the bike. It was my first “dream bike”. The design was revolutionary by the standards that prevailed at that time. We had not seen a bike like that on Indian roads. Hero Honda people were really innovative then.
That was the first and last daring step that engineers at Hero Honda took. It was also the last time that they named a motorcycle sensibly.
After CBZ, all they did was dissapoint enthusiasts with a range of crapy motorcycles like Ambition (both old and new), Karizma, Achiever, Glamour. Even Karizma didn’t attract me. They could have done a lot better than slap the styling of LML Adreno.
I also often wonder what were those guys thinking when they named their bikes/scooters Glamour, Achiever, Passion, Karizma. Ambition, Pleasure, Unicorn, Shine, Eterno (I guess these names were suggested to HMSI by HH guys).
Whats next!!! ORGASM, (BTW can u guys think of more names for HH bikes)
In recent times, the only bike which did ignite the fuel called desire in my heart was Pulsar DTSfi. (I ain’t buying it though,, I am not into sports bikes. After rising Enticer for 4years I am planning to upgrade to a REAL cruiser now)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home